Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I AM ALIVE!

I know, I know -- it's been a long time.  But things have been busy!  Work is picking up with a lot more design consultations on the calendar (yay) and I've been working more Saturdays, which are hell in the retail world.  But that hasn't stopped me from getting the miles in -- I just haven't been writing about it!

I ran a nice 4 miles yesterday at an 11:39 pace, which is fast for me considering the distance.  On Sunday, two days prior, I ran my longest run ever -- 7 miles!!  I wanted to hit the 6.2 mark for extra confidence heading into my 10k at the end of the month.  But I could tell by mile 2 that it was going to be a good run; you know how sometimes you just know?  I had my Ke$ha remixes and Ellie Goulding's "Run Into The Light" (excellent running tunes) to motivate me and I just kept on trucking.  I've mapped out a loop around my neighborhood that's about a mile, and it seemed easier for me to conquer this distance by breaking it up this way.  I just knew I had to go "x" amount of times around the loop, taking one loop at a time.  Before I knew it, I had hit the 7 mile mark!  When I hit a rough patch (you always do on longer runs, moments where it's harder than others) I just kept telling myself "I'm a tough bitch."  It worked.  I hit the 10k mark at exactly 1:15:46, and 1:15 is my goal time for the race.  So I am feeling much better about my chances of doing well. 

I also went to Lululemon and completely obliterated my gift card.  Ha!  I got three Cool Racerback Tanks, the Run: Inspire II crops (with the cool black and white print), the Vinyasa scarf in a gray and white stripe, and some Speed Shorts.  I'm a little upset about the Speed Shorts; the sizing is so inconsistent!  I had a pair of size 4s that I had already run in and I loved them.  So I picked up another pair thinking that I knew my size and everything was fine.  However, they were way too small!  The waistband was about an inch smaller than the other pair of size 4s I had.  I went back to the store and took the original 4s with me and turns out, none of the shorts on the shelf had the same waistband size, even if they were marked as being the same size.  Now that sucks, for shorts that are $54 a pop.  I pointed it out to the sales girl and she seemed surprised.  Love the shorts, but not the inconsistency.

Now -- for some photos!

My little Speed Short collection

Run: Inspire II crops (I couldn't resist -- 2 pairs!)

Left: 2 Cool Racerback tanks (I also got a dark grey but it's dirty) and a dark grey Swiftly Racerback.  The folded square at the bottom is the Vinyasa scarf.

I probably spent way more than I should have but I couldn't help it.  That store has a way of just sucking you in; the clothes are so flattering and so unique looking that I just started picking up item after item thinking "This!  I must have THIS!"  And the sales girls at our location are so nice and helpful.  They even have a 5k and Chardonnay run club that meets every Thursday.  I haven't gone yet because I'd like to get a bit faster (though they welcome all paces).  

So that's my little update.  No serious mileage today, I'm going to get my second massage today at 2:00 and then I have our group track session tonight at 6:00.  So I've been cuddling most of the day with Lizzie on the couch, like so:


In other exciting news, I used my sweet employee discount at Pottery Barn to re-do the top of my dining table.  I have a boyfriend who's really into the dark rustic look, and I'm really not.  So I try to take advantage of tabletops and things like that that require little money and no large objects to express my tastes -- and hope that he doesn't mind it.  Oddly enough, the dining table was a big hit; he even thought the flowers were real.  They're beautiful faux peonies in a bubble mercury glass vase, with mercury glass candleholders on either side and ivory pillar candles.


We still need curtains in here (and I'd like new lamps for the buffet) but hey, you take it a step at a time.  Money ain't free.

Hope everyone is having a great week; the weather here has gotten really lovely, so hopefully you are getting some sweet runs in!  I'll try to start testing out some of my new Lululemon items and maybe posting some reviews.  I also started the first book in The Hunger Games trilogy yesterday and finished it last night (eek!) so I'd like to start the second book, Catching Fire, today.  It seemed like everyone was going crazy over this series so with the movie coming out, I figured I'd give them a read.  They're really good, actually; now Katniss, that's a tough bitch.

Happy running, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment