Monday, February 20, 2012

REST WEEK

So I didn't run any last week after the 8k, with the exception of two sessions at the track.  They were mostly conditioning/strength training sessions with a few laps thrown in, but nothing too crazy.  I was so tired!  That ridiculous cold/hilly/exhausting 8k really took it out of me.  I didn't have a true "run" until yesterday, when I ran a solid and pleasant 4 miles at about a 12:13 pace.  It felt great -- it had just started snowing and it was so serene!  Granted, I was wearing my glasses so I did a lot of wiping, but it was so calming and peaceful to be running through the flakes. 
I'm starting to get in "let's prepare" mode for the 10k on March 31st.  My farthest distance to date is only 5.5 miles so I need to get up to running 6.2 so that I feel comfortable with this distance.  I still have plenty of time so I'm not necessarily in a rush, but it would be nice to have that mental check mark.  If I can get this 10k under my belt, I'd really like to start looking at doing a half in the next year or so.  I am thinking maybe the Shamrock Half in VA Beach next March.  I had my eye on the Disney Princess Half but I didn't think that combining my first half marathon with travel/flight/hotel would be a great experience.  I would probably be way too stressed out.  So why not run by the beach instead?
With my goal of doing a race per month this year, I've been thinking about the CASA Superhero Run on April 28.  It's for a great cause and I'd get to dress up as a superhero -- win!  I'd like to put together maybe a Wonder Woman outfit with a red Team Sparkle skirt.  I have time to get creative so we'll see.
In other news, my amazing boyfriend got me a huge Lululemon gift card for Valentine's Day!  So much better than flowers.  (I did also get chocolate.)  I keep wandering around the store on my break at work, wondering what to get with my gift card, and I always leave empty-handed because I can't decide.  It's always when you have the money that you can't find something to get.  I'd be lusting after a billion things if I didn't have the gift card!  I've had my eye on their Vinyasa scarf, I just need to decide on a color.  And I'd like to get a new race outfit for the 10k.  Hopefully I can grab some items to review soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment